—Northanger Abbey, Chapter 18
Our conference has been long awaited and hardly a matter of secrecy, but we are looking forward to registration.
Wednesday, June 12, at 12:00 noon Eastern Time
New! Please read the Online Registration Tips. Our registration software and some practices have changed.
These tips will help you avoid confusion at the time of registration.
AGM Registration Fees
Early Registration Fee: $275 (registration on or before June 30, 2019)
Regular Registration Fee: $300 (registration on or after July 1, 2019)
Companion Registration Fee: $175
ATTENDEES: JASNA members in good standing may register. (Students must be in ninth grade or higher in Fall 2019.) AGM Attendee registration includes all Plenary Sessions, your choice of presentations in five Breakout Sessions, all Special Interest Sessions, Saturday Continental Breakfast, Saturday Banquet and Ball, and Sunday Brunch. In addition, Attendees may purchase tickets for Tours, Workshops, and Special Events.
COMPANIONS: A limited number of Companion spaces are available. An Attendee may have no more than one Companion. Companion registration provides admittance to only the following: Saturday Continental Breakfast, Saturday Banquet and Ball, and Sunday Brunch with speaker. Companions may also purchase tickets for Tours, Workshops, and Special Events. Companion registration does not include attendance at Plenary Sessions, Breakout Sessions, or programs labeled as Special Interest Sessions. If you wish to attend any of these programs, you must register as an Attendee. Registered Attendees are free to share their hotel rooms with family and friends who wish to explore the town on their own and will not attend any AGM meals or programs, without purchasing Companion registration.
JASNA uses an online registration system. A mail-in registration form is provided in the Registration Guide for those very few members who do not have the ability to register online. It is to your advantage to register online; mailing the form does not increase your chances of getting into the AGM. The registrar will hold all paper forms and only open them after online registration has begun.
Download the AGM Registration Guide PDF
|2019 AGM Registration Guide|
On or after June 12, clicking the button below will take you to the registration form.
Preparing for Registration
- A link to the Registration Guide is posted above to help you prepare. The most comprehensive information about AGM offerings appears on these JASNA AGM webpages; the Registration Guide only provides a summary. We advise you to read about all the programs and speakers, then print the guide, mark your selections, and be poised at your computer ready to register online.
- Please ensure your JASNA membership is up-to-date before registration opens by visiting the JASNA Member Portal.
- Ask a friend to register for you if you won’t be able to on June 12. The online system does not verify the identity of the person registering, and deferred payment by check is an option.
- New this year: Payment may be made by electronic funds transfer, as well as credit card or mailed-in check. You do not need to pay online: the Registrar will hold your reservation for 14 days awaiting your check by mail.
- New this year: In the online system, you will be asked for your primary JASNA Region—if you belong to one—and for permission to share your plan to attend the AGM with your Regional Coordinator. Many Regions try to gather at the AGM for meals or photographs, and collecting your Regional affiliation will allow you to be contacted if your Region makes such plans.
- Review the AGM Frequently Asked Questions. Direct questions about this year’s AGM program to email@example.com. Direct policy-related questions to the Vice President for Conferences at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reserve a hotel room. If the AGM room block is sold out for some or all nights, or your room type is not available, we advise you to reserve the next best available rate or room. Review the options on the Hotel page and call the Colonial Williamsburg lodging line at (855) 231-7240 for help. Don’t let room availability discourage you from registering for the AGM. After registration, we typically experience a number of room cancellations and can usually transfer people to their desired rate and room type.
- Research your travel options. We advise you not to make any non-refundable travel arrangements until your AGM registration is confirmed. The Travel and Host City pages will assist you. Take a look also at the option to purchase a discounted Colonial Williamsburg 7-Day Pass on the Tours page, as you may wish to extend your stay to take full advantage of this pass.
Please return to this page in the coming weeks to read
all registration instructions and updates.