JASNA Essay Contest Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is a mentor, and is a mentor required to enter the Essay Contest?
- Do I need to be a full-time student to participate?
Answer: A mentor is the person who most influenced you in your study. Most students name the person who taught them to appreciate literature, helped them develop their writing skills, or introduced them to Jane Austen. You need not name a mentor to enter the contest.
Answer: During the academic year in which the contest is held, you need to be a student to participate
but not a full-time student. The requirement for each level is as follows:
- High School: full-time or part-time student or home-schooled at the high school level
- Undergraduate: enrolled in at least six credit hours of course work at a junior college, college, or university
- Post-graduate: enrolled in at least three credit hours of post-graduate course work at a college or university
Answer: Yes. Please note that essays must be written in English.
Answer: The names of the winners will be posted on jasna.org by September 15, 2013. Winners will be contacted before their names are posted on the web site.
Still have questions? Contact Eric Nye at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must use “JASNA Essay Contest” in your subject line.