Persuasion, Vol. IV, Ch. 3
We’re experiencing a high volume of hotel reservations. If the AGM room block is sold out for some or all nights, or your room type is not available, we advise you to reserve the next best available rate or room. Call 888-627-8538 to get help with availability. Don’t let room availability discourage you from registering for the AGM in early May. After registration, we typically experience a number of room cancellations and can usually transfer people to their desired rate and room type.
Reservations can now be made by clicking this link, or simply cut and paste the following into your web browser: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1704195524&key=1D1EEFBE
Alternately, you may call 888-627-8538, but be sure to ask for the conference rate for the Jane Austen Society of North America (JASNA). The group rate is available until August 28, 2018, or until the room block sells out.
Westin Kansas City at Crown Center
Conference Hotel Room Reservation Tips:
- When reserving a room, be sure to specify one king bed or two double beds in your room.
- The room rate extends from Tuesday, Sept. 25 through the following Monday, Oct. 1 (upon availability) so that you can enjoy a preview of Kansas City plus all our post-AGM events.
- A deposit equal to one night’s stay is required to hold each individual’s reservation.
- Reservations made through iPads or phones (versus desktop or laptop computers) occasionally experience problems.
- Confirmation notices will be sent through email by the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. Be certain that your email provider settings are set to allow receipt of this email.
Add GCCUSTSERVICE@CONFIRM.STARWOODHOTELS.COM to your safe list.
- Check all your incoming mail folders (not just your Inbox) for notices from the hotel. For example, check “Junk” if your provider is Hotmail.com, “Spam” if your provider is Yahoo!, etc.
- IMPORTANT: Please cancel your room reservation as soon as possible if you are unable to register for the JASNA AGM or must cancel at a later date. Your deposit will be refunded if cancellation is received at least one working day prior to scheduled arrival.
The AGM hotel, Westin Kansas City at Crown Center, would certainly meet the exacting standards of Sir Walter and Miss Elliot of Kellynch Hall. Situated as part of the Crown Center complex, the hotel connects to 85 acres of shops, restaurants, and attractions. Consider it a combination of Camden Place and Milsom Street—at a JASNA AGM room rate of $179 per night.
Amenities include: 24-hour business center, executive club lounge, fitness center with whirlpool and healing massage options, lighted tennis courts, heated outdoor pool, in-room spa treatments, Wi-Fi access throughout, in-room safe, coffeemaker with Starbucks coffee, and refrigerator.
Crown Center Square Fountain
The hotel connects via covered walkway to the city’s historic Union Station, which is served by Amtrak. Many hotel rooms overlook the adjacent Liberty Memorial and National World War I Museum. The hotel is a mere 1.4 miles from the city’s Power and Light District, the Midwest’s premier entertainment district. Just 3.3 miles away is the Country Club Plaza, known for its classical fountains, horse-drawn carriages, exquisite shops and signature restaurants.
The AGM assembly rooms are conveniently located on one floor, overlooking the hotel’s sixty-foot limestone waterfall garden. Throughout the conference, guests can seek refreshment at the hotel’s Brasserie restaurant and bar. The Brasserie offers contemporary American cuisine and features Midwest specialties such as all-natural bison burgers and Kansas City’s own Boulevard Pale Ale and Wheat microbrews.
The Crown Center Square Fountain features synchronized jets shooting plumes of water sixty feet in the air. We’ll promenade proudly around this fountain after our Saturday evening banquet.