JASNA members will find the journey to Minneapolis quite convenient and easy to reach by plane, train, or automobile. Please be aware that, while every effort will be made to adhere to our proposed schedule, events and tours could be changed or canceled.
September Weather in Minneapolis
Average temperatures in late September are in the high-60s with lows in the high-40s, though higher and lower temperatures are not without precedent.
Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) is served by the majority of airlines.
- A 2% to 5% discount will be applied on selected coach fares and a 10% discount will be applied to full fare tickets for travel days September 24 through October 2.
- Discounts apply via the Delta Airlines website or at 800-328-1111. Reservations made by phone will incur the standard $25.00 fee.
- The JASNA promotional code is NMFVY; enter the code in the “Meeting Event Code” box. Click “Book a Trip.” Then click “Find Flights,” below this section, select “More Search Options.” Enter the JASNA code in “Meeting Event Code.”
- A 5% discount will be applied to certain ticket classes for flights to Minneapolis-St. Paul for travel days September 21 through October 5.
- Discounts apply via the American Airlines website or at 800-433-1790. Reservations made by phone will incur the standard $25.00 fee.
- The JASNA promotional code to use for the discount is 3593BJ; enter the code at bottom of page when booking online.
- A 2 – 10% discount will be applied depending on which ticket class is purchased for flights to Minneapolis-St. Paul for travel days September 22 through October 2.
- Discounts apply via the partner website or at 800-426-1122. Reservations made by phone will incur the standard $25.00 fee.
- The JASNA promotional code to use for the discount is: ZQ3U607807; enter this code in the Offer Code Box when booking online
Amtrak offers service to Minneapolis-St. Paul from many major cities.
- Amtrak offers a 10% discount off the lowest available rail fare to Minneapolis-St. Paul from September 23 through October 2.
- To receive the discount, reservations must be booked by calling Amtrak at 877-444-4773 and referencing Convention Fare Code X01P-970.
Note: The Light Rail and SuperShuttle are located in Terminal 1.
Taxi Service from the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport to the conference hotel takes about 20 minutes and is approximately $40.
SuperShuttle is the only shuttle service available between the airport and the hotel. Please visit the website to learn about travel time and options.
- The discounted fare is $15 for one way; $24 for round trip plus a $1.00 fuel surcharge each way.
- Reservations may be made online or by phone at 800-258-3826; use code GMCVG.
Metro Transit is an inexpensive way to travel to and from the airport.
- Purchase a “Light Rail (Blue Line)” ticket to Minneapolis from machines on the train platform. A ticket will be issued to reflect a peak ($2.25) or off-peak ($1.75) charge.
- All tickets can be used for the train and buses for the duration of two and a half hours from the time of purchase. All tickets can be used for express or non-express buses throughout the downtown area.
- Take the train from the airport to the Nicollet Mall stop (30 minutes). Exit on 5th Street between Nicollet Mall (front of train) and Marquette Avenue (back of train). Take any bus, including express, headed south on Nicollet or Marquette Avenue to 10th or 11th Street. Note: buses run every 5-10 minutes on Nicollet Mall and every half hour on Marquette Avenue.
- After exiting at 11th Street on Nicollet, head east one block on 11th to Marquette Avenue. Orchestra Hall will be on your right, WCCO Studios on your left. If you take the bus on Marquette, the hotel is just across from the bus stop on 10th Street. The hotel’s address is 1001 Marquette Avenue South.
Limo or Town Car Services are available:
- SuperShuttle - Town Car service.
- Minneapolis Airport Limo 763-566-6666.
- Adans Airport Limo 952-288-9286.
Avis.  An automobile rental discount of 5% is offered by Avis Rental Car. Discounts apply at the Avis website – Jane Austen Society of North America.
Driving directions and parking information are available on the Hilton’s website. For guests of the hotel, self-parking is $13 daily and valet parking is $23 per day. The rate can vary for those not staying at the hotel.