Have you picked out your favorite sweater to bring to the AGM? As we endure the heat and humidity of August, crisp autumn air is an appealing prospect! Here is an update that will help you plan for the AGM.
HOOTBOARD: Hootboard is a private online bulletin board, where AGM registrants can post roommate requests or offers to share transportation from the airport. To join the board, follow the link sent to you in the email version of this message; if you need help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Some guidelines:
- If you have a Hootboard account from a prior AGM, click the blue “Rocky Romance” square icon to view just the 2023 board activity.
- Please look through existing posts to see if one matches your need before posting a new one. You can reply to any post by clicking the speech-bubble icon.
- To add a new post, click the green POST HERE button at top right, and choose “question” on the next screen. Give your post a title and description, and include the appropriate hashtag: #rideshare or #roommate.
- You can use the board to find companions for meals or excursions, but it cannot be used for commercial purposes or to advertise private events.
- All arrangements are person-to-person, and JASNA plays no role in, and bears no liability for, roommate matching or other agreements. You are advised to get to know any potential roommates off-line.
TOURS/WORKSHOPS: Some sessions have been added and capacities raised, enabling many people to come off waitlists. Don’t forget that you can log in to your registration using the link on your confirmation form to add or delete selections. Currently, there are spaces available in the following:
- Calligraphy Sessions 1 and 2
- Designing Lydia’s Bonnet Sessions 1 and 2
- Embroidery 3 (new session, 11/2, 10:15am)
- Fan Fiction Novel Planning 3 (new session, 11/2, 2:00pm)
- Denver Art Museum and Clyfford Still Museum Tours 1 and 2
- Rocky Mountain National Park Tour
- Chautauqua National Historic Landmark Tour 1 and 2
- American Museum of Western Art & Brown Palace Tea
- Denver Foothills Exploration
- Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods Full-Day Tour
- Brown Palace History Tour 2 (new session, 11/6, 11:30am)
- Capital Hill Walking Tour
DINING RESERVATIONS: If you’re planning to have dinner with a group, you can make reservations at the Gaylord’s restaurants using the links on this page. Please note that Vista Montagne tables are not currently showing as visible, but that restaurant is fully available; contact email@example.com to make Vista Montagne bookings. You’ll find more options, including national chains, diners and pubs, and international cuisines within a short taxi or uber ride.
EMPORIUM: A variety of commercial vendors and JASNA Regions are bringing a great selection of Austen-related books, Regency finery, tea, British products, original artwork, giftware, and much more for your perusal and purchase. There are still a couple of vendor spaces available; for more information, contact Emporium manager Michael Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AGM PHOTOS: During the Saturday Night social, a professional photographer will be on hand to photograph individuals and small groups. Photos will be available to purchase online, direct from the photographer. Plan to capture a special memory!
Our next update, in early September, will provide transportation and more dining tips. If you have questions, please contact the following:
REGISTRATION QUESTIONS: Debbie Duncan, AGM Registrar, email@example.com
AGM PROGRAM/LOCAL KNOWLEDGE: Heather McVoy, AGM Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
HOTEL QUESTIONS: Debra Roush, VP for Conferences, email@example.com