The assignment for the seventh Annual Young Filmmakers Contest was to create an original short (five minutes or less) inspired by Pride and Prejudice or by Jane Austen and her world, her novels or letters, or adaptations of her work.
- Adrian Lukis: Actor, BBC's 1995 Pride and Prejudice; Co-author and actor: Being Mr. Wickham
- Francine Mathews/Stephanie Barron: Author, The Jane Austen Mystery Series
- Xavier Samuel: Actor, Love and Friendship, Twilight: Eclipse
- Devoney Looser: Professor: Arizona State University; Author: The Making of Jane Austen and Sister Novelists: The Trailblazing Porter Sisters, Who Paved the Way for Austen and the Brontës
- Kathleen Flynn: Author, The Jane Austen Project
- Alonso Duralde: Film critic, The Film Verdict
Yours Affectionately, Jane
By Bernadette Santos Schwegel
After receiving a mysterious letter in the mail, a college student begins a correspondence with a famous author from the past.
Jane Austen: A Six-Word Memoir
By Anatolia Kozinski
In this film, Jane Austen chooses six words that represent different phases of her bittersweet, monumental life.
Mr. Collins and the Zombies of Gloucestershire
By Lily Hutcheson
Members of the executive board of a production company struggle to come up with a concept for their new Austen-inspired film.
Emma in Brazil
By Laura Bunn
Emma Woodhouse studies abroad in Brazil and navigates new cultural experiences and relationships in a modern-day adaptation of Jane Austen's Emma.